Based on the Davis methods for dyslexia correction, this kit enables parents of children ages 5-7 to home teach and help young learners to:
- improve eye-hand coordination
- develop and strengthen pre-reading and basic reading skills
- prevent the potential of a learning problem
- improve sight word recognition and comprehension
- establish life-long "how to learn" skills.
Kits include the following materials:
- Parent Instruction Manual
- Reusable Modeling Clay (2 lbs.)
- Hardcover Illustrated Children's Dictionary
- Punctuation Marks & Styles Booklet
- Stop Signs for Reading Chart
For older children (3rd grade or age 8 and up), we recommend the Davis Orientation and Symbol Mastery Home Kit.
Kits should be selected based on the age of the child, rather than current reading level.
Note: This kit is not intended for classroom use.
Teachers: Please visit www.davislearn.com for information about our classroom program for primary level children.
I just want to say I am thrilled with this home kit I got for my 7 year old son. Today was only day one, we did your exercises and then started with making the upper case ABC's. My son loves it. His comment to me as we were half way done. "Mom if you ever need me to find my happy heart, just make me do this!"
I know I have a ways to go.but so far so great!!